On June 25th, Part I (64 lots) of the world famous Coronet Collection will be offered by Legend Rare Coin Auctions in The Regency Auction XII. A total of 476 lots offered in The Regency Auction XII including a spectacular $4 1879 Stella Flowing Hair PCGS PR65 DCAM CAC and a group of $10 Liberties from the former Simpson/Hall Collection.
The sale will be the young auction house’s twelfth overall and their fifth since parting ways with Morphy Auctions last May. The Regency Auction XII featuring Part I of the world famous Coronet Collection of MS Morgan Dollars, the #1 all time Morgan Dollar Set on the PCGS Registry.
The sale has been moved up a half hour to accommodate the auction house’s East Coast bidders, and will commence at 4:30 PM PT on Thursday, June 25th, preceded by two full days of lot viewing and one day of lot viewing by appointment. As always, The Regency Auction XII is held in conjunction with the PCGS Members Only Show, of which Legend Rare Coin Auctions is the official auctioneer.
Julie Abrams, Legend Rare Coin Auctions President, is “thrilled and deeply honored to have been selected to auction the number one all time Mint State Morgan Dollar Set in the PCGS Registry: The Coronet Collection. Building the collection was a lifelong endeavor of a loyal Legend Numismatics customer.” Abrams went on to say “The Regency Auction XII is truly a culmination of what our auction house has to offer. Only the finest lots were selected, with over 80 rejected in the process. Everyone at Legend Auctions is excited for the results of this landmark sale.”
The Regency Auction XII featuring Part I of The Coronet Collection includes some truly special lots. Just a few of the highlights include:
- Lot # 8 – $1 1879-CC CAPPED DIE PCGS MS65 CAC CORONET COLLECTION
- Lot # 38 – $1 1886-O PCGS MS65+ CAC EX ELIASBERG CORONET COLLECTION
- Lot # 62 – $1 1893 PCGS MS66 CAC CORONET COLLECTION
- Lot # 77 – T$1 1878 TRADE PCGS PR66+ DCAM
- Lot # 117 – $1 1878-CC PCGS MS65PL EX WAYNE MILLER
- Lot # 153 – $1 1899-O MICRO O WING LINES PCGS MS66 CAC
- Lot # 166 – 1/2C 1854 PCGS MS65RB CAC
- Lot # 187 – 1C 1858 SMALL LETTERS PCGS PR65+ CAC
- Lot # 289 – 10C 1837 NO STARS LARGE DATE PCGS MS67 CAC
- Lot # 374 – 50C 1939-D PCGS MS67+ CAC
- Lot # 397 – $3 1878 PCGS MS67
- Lot # 400 – $4 1879 FLOWING HAIR PCGS PR65 DCAM CAC
- Lot # 402 – $5 1820 SQUARE BASE 2 PCGS AU50 CAC
- Lot # 454 – 50C 1936 LONG ISLAND PCGS MS67+
- Lot # 475 – 50C 1877 J-1515 PCGS PR66BN CAC
“We expect a record number of bidders, with aggressive bidding, and the potential for many new price records,” states Laura Sperber, founder and partner of Legend Rare Coin Auctions. “Please be prepared and do not hesitate to ask for our opinions! We are here to serve you and building long-term relationships is what we’re all about. The majority of coins in Part I of The Coronet Collection are the finest ever graded and we can’t imagine anyone being disappointed. Part II of this remarkable collection will be sold in our October Regency Auction XIV.”
Part II of The Coronet Collection will be offered in the October 15th Regency Auction XIV. In addition, the $1 1893-S PCGS MS67 CAC Ex Vermuele/Jack Lee, the world’s most valuable Morgan Dollar, is being offered for sale by private treaty as part of The Coronet Collection. Please contact Legend Rare Coin Auctions or visit their website for more information.
Bidding is now live on the Legend Rare Coin Auctions website. Register and place online pre-bids today at www.legendauctions.com.