A 1925 Straits Settlements 50 dollars offered in Collectibles Auction Asia, Coins & Banknotes Auction 5/2015 on April 18 held at landmark Village Hotel, Singapore. The scarce banknote is graded VF25 by PMG and expected to sell for SG$20,000.
The 1925 Straits Settlements 50 dollars banknote (lot 709) show portrait of King George V and Crown on top centre and a moving tiger below. Elephant watermark on both sides. The uniface banknote (banknote with printing on one side only) is engraved and printed by Thomas De La Rue & Co., London.
A complete set of 1976 Malaysian Conversation Commemorative Proof Coins (lot 352); Proof Gold (33.437gm) RM 500, Tapir; Proof Silver (35gm) RM 25 Rhinoceros Hornbill; Proof Silver (28.3gm) RM 15 Malaysian Gaur. 3pcs/set. All coins are graded by NGC PF 69 ultra cameo and expected to sell for SG$10,000. In 2012, a Proof Gold RM 500 Tapir PCGS grade PR69DCAM sold for a record SG$6400 in Monaterium Auction, The Most Expensive Malaysia Commemorative coin sold in auction.
Other highlight of CAA Auction 5/2015:
- China's first 5 Ounce Lunar Series Coloured silver coin, 2010 China People's Republic Year of Tiger Colorized Silver coin estimate to sell for SG$5800.
- 1983 China People's Republic silver 10 Yuan (lot 170) Lunar Series (pig) NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo estimate to sell for SG$2500.
- Malaya & British Borneo 1955H 50 cents without security edge (Freak) die varieties estimate to sell for SG$3000.
- 2 Malaysia Specimen coins; 1 sen 1968 (lot 375) graded SP64RD by PCGS and estimated at SG$7,000 – SG$10,000, 20 sen 1968 graded SP66 by NGC and estimate at SG$8,000 – SG$12,000.
- Malaysia 1976 Bronze 1 Sen (lot 364), NGC 65 RD estimate at SG$1,500 – SGD$,500.
- Singapore Silver Proof $1 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980 all NGC grade PF70 Ultra Cameo (Wong Hon Sum Collection) estimate to sell for SG$5000.
- 2000 China People Republic 100 Yuan commemorative banknote with dragon at center consecutive 20 pcs (lot 589) estimate to sell for SG$7000.
- Malaysia 4th series 50 Ringgit low serial number prefix B/87 000001 estimate to sell for SG$3000.
A Buyer's premium of 15% will be added to hammer price for each lot to all succesful bids. Lots sold though "liveauctioneers.com" are subjected to an additional 3% Buyer's Premium (18% in total). All Shipping, handling and insurance charges will be paid by Buyer.