A Malaysia 50 Ringgit 4th series banknote with a very low serial number prefix B/67 000001 PMG graded 65 EPQ sold for SG$12,980 (including buyer premium) in the Collectibles Auction Asia (CAA) Auction 5/2015 held on April 18 at Landmark Village Hotel, Singapore. The banknote sold price is higher then the price estimate of SG$5,000.
Many Malaysia banknotes and coins sold at a very high price in CAA Auction 5/2015, including a complete set of 1976 WWF Conservation commemorative proof, all NGC PF 69 ultra cameo sold for a record price SG13,800 (including buyer premium). The set includes a Malaysia 1976 WWF Conservation 500 Ringgit Cipan Commemorative Proof Gold coin; Malaysia 1976 WWF Conservation 25 Ringgit Rhinoceros Hornbill Commemorative Proof silver coin and Malaysia 1976 WWF Conservation 15 Ringgit Seladang Commemorative Proof Silver coin.
Other highlights of the auction include:
- Lot 40: Late Qing – Early Republic, Gold Ingot, Made by local Chinese Private Bank - San Yang in Tian Jin City, Weight 1 Tale of 31.2 grams, AU-UNC. Sold SG$4,248.
- Lot 41: Late Qing – Early Republic, Gold Ingot, Made by local Chinese Private Bank – Heng Fu in Tian Jin City, Weight half Tale of 15.6 grams, Rare, AU-UNC. Sold SG$4,140.
- Lot 170: China, People’s Republic, 1983, Silver 10 Yuan, Lunar series, Pig. NGC PF 69 Ultra Cameo. Sold SG$2,760.
- Lot 189: Johor Mas, 1615-1623, Gold, (round, SS11, rare), 2.56gm, 20mm, EF/RRRR, obv: Sultan Abdullah Shah, rev: Khalifatul Muminin (Ruler of Faithful) . Sold SG$10,925.
- Lot 193: Johore Kupang, 1722-1760, SS19. Obverse: In Arabic “Sultan Sulaiman Shah”. Reverse: In Arabic “Khalifatul Muminin” (Ruler of the faithful). Edge: Plain; Weight: 0.64 gm. Composition: Gold. Sold SG$4,600.
- Lot 291: Malaya & British Borneo, 1954, C-N 50c, w/o security edge (Freak) Die Varieties, Tan MB C7, KN7a. NGC MS 62. Sold SG$4,720.
- Lot 292: Malaya & British Borneo, 1955H, C-N 50c, w/o security edge (Freak) Die Varieties, only Tan 5 Catalogue listed in 21st edition, others not list. NGC AU-Details Rim Damage (population 1/1). Sold SG$4,956.
- Lot 478: Singapore, 1992, Platinum Proof $200, 25th Anni of BCCS, weight 31.103gm, mintage 300 only. PCGS PR 69 DC AM. With box and cert.126. Sold SG$4,956.
- Lot 662: Malaya / Japanese Occupation, ND (1946), $1000, Blk MU, “Post War Calendar”, P#SB2184, “VJ” overprinted on back with flat “R” of War, Pick unlisted, TanJ16, KNB15. PMG Choice UNC 64 EPQ. High grade, rare. Wong Hon Sum Collection. Sold SG$3,540.
- Lot 663: Malaya / Japanese Occupation, 1946, Post War Calendar overprinted on $100, ND (1944) MT note, P#M8a, catalogs unlisted, TanJ14, VJ overprint on back w/o “Grim Memories of 1941-1945”, Sharp “R” of War. AU/UNC. Wong Hon Sum Collection. Sold SG$2,530.
- Lot 714: Straits Settlements, 1906, $1 note, A/8 06133, Tan S1, KNB 1-2. PMG VF 25. Sold SG$3,450.
The Collectibles Auction Asia (CAA) Auction 6/2015 will be held on 3rd October 2015 at Landmark Village Hotel, Singapore.